Thursday, September 3, 2015

Pizza Crust using Pancake Mix!

I made this gem today!

I omitted the parm since we didn't have it and used my own toppings for a more basic version of BBQ Chicken pizza since we have some picky eaters at our house today.  It was delicious and super easy!

You simply mix well:
2 cups of pancake mix
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup oil (I used olive oil)
1 tsp of oregano (I used a combo of Italian herbs)

Then I skipped the extra steps of kneading letting it stand because to be completely honest, I'm lazy and everyone was hungry.

I just spread it in a big skillet (that we took the handle off of years ago so we could bake in it) and baked it for about 10 mins at 425. The crust was golden brown and smelled amazing at this point.

Then I topped it with some bbq sauce, chopped up cooked chicken from my freezer, cheese, a sprinkle of salt, and some more Italian herbs (though I probably could have skipped them since it was pretty herby already). Then I baked it maybe 6 or 7 mins more until my cheese was completely melted and bubbly.

The crust tasted kind of flaky and crumbly. It was kind of like a mix between pie crust and thin pizza crust, but it was really good! Definitely a hit!

No comments:

Post a Comment