Thursday, September 3, 2015

Cranberry Bran Muffins

2 cups bran flakes cereal
1 1/4 cup milk (I used soy milk)
1 egg
1/4 cup oil (I used olive oil)
1 1/4 cups flour (I used whole wheat)
1/2 cup sugar (I used coconut sugar)
1/2 cup cranberry sauce
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 TBS baking powder
Pinch of salt

I mixed the milk and cereal and let them sit until mushy, stirring occasionally.  This took probably 20 minutes or so. Then I mixed in everything else. I filled muffin pans 2/3 full with batter and baked for approx 20-25 mins at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. This recipe made 12 muffins.

I plan to try this again subbing in pumpkin or banana for the cranberry.  So yummy!

Please note: This recipe was created using the original all bran muffins recipe as a base line and then modified to work for my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment