Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Apple Pie

2 pie crusts (premade or homemade)
1 or 2 TBS sweetener of choice ( I used honey)
1 tsp of sweetener of choice ( I used date sugar)
A sprinkle of cinnamon

To turn your already yummy crock pot spiced apples into a pie, simply start with an unbaked pie crust. Dump in your quart of precooked Crock pot Spiced Apples. Smooth out to fill the crust. Then since pies are supposed to be a little sweet, I generally drizzle/sprinkle a little (maybe 1 or 2 TBS) of honey, coconut sugar, or date sugar over the top of my apples. Then I topped the apples with the second crust. You could at this point make your crust as fancy or as, let's call it rustic, as you choose. I am impatient and a little lazy so my pie crust was super "rustic". Then I sprinkled on another tsp of sweetener and a bit of cinnamon on top of the crust. Alternatively, you could have mixed these into your crust. Cut slits (or a design if you're fancy) into the top of your crust to allow the heat to vent. 

Now bake in a 375 degree Fahrenheit oven for approx 50 mins or until the crust is nicely browned and the apples are bubbling a bit out of the slits in the top pie crust. I probably tend to over bake mine just a bit, but that's personal preference, so feel free to decrease cooking time by a few minutes if you wish. 

Click Here for Printable Recipe




No comments:

Post a Comment