Sunday, August 18, 2013

Apple Pie Muffins

With the kids back in school, lunches to be packed every morning, and the addition of my 16-year-old nephew to the mix, I have decided to start trying out muffin recipes that I can freeze which can be quickly microwaved for school morning breakfasts (or to stick in their lunches). This was today's recipe:

Apple Pie Muffins

3 cups whole wheat flour
1 stick real unsalted butter, melted
4 apples, chopped small
1/2 cup local honey
2 TBS baking powder
4 eggs
Cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger ( I don't measure these...I use alot of cinnamon and a little less nutmeg and ginger)
100% Pure Maple Syrup

I mixed these all together, rubbed a little coconut oil on my silicone cupcake liners, and filled them up about 3/4 of the way. I baked at 400 degrees for 20 mins. Then once they were baked, I poked small holes in about half of them in the middles about 1/2 inch down and poured in a little pure maple syrup to sweeten them a bit. It soaked all up so these weren't messy or sticky at all. The littles were fine eating them unsweetened, but the bigs loved the extra little bit of sweet. This recipe made exactly 3 dozen muffins. (2 dozen of which were eaten this morning and 1 dozen which actually made it to the freezer.)


No comments:

Post a Comment