Sunday, May 8, 2016

Ricotta Bake

Please kindly note,  that I have a huge houseful of kiddos who break things constantly, so I own no cute bakeware and they got into it and started eating before I got a picture,  so no pretty picture to share,  but I snapped one anyway so you could see it. It was a little liquidy at the bottom of the pan because I used cottage cheese too to up the protein count.  Didn't taste watery though. I did half of the pan with my cheese and half with mozzarella for the kiddos.  (And then made another pan for them. They really liked it.)

Recipe:
1/2 cup powdered parmesan
1 egg
1-2 tsps assorted Italian herbs
1/2 of a 15 oz container of ricotta
Salt to taste
1/2 of a no sugar added pasta sauce jar (I used an organic one from Aldi. It didn't say no sugar added, I just read the ingredient list.)
1 cup low fat cottage cheese
5 laughing cow garlic and herb cheese wedges (cut in half to make them half as thin)

I mixed the first five ingredients together,  in the pan. Spread it all out evenly. Then added a quarter of a container of pasta sauce. Then added a cup of cottage cheese, then another quarter of a jar of pasta sauce. (Spreading it out smooth after each addition.) Then I cut the laughing cow cheeses in half and arranged them around. Then sprinkled a little more Italian herbs and salt on top.
Bake at 450 for 25 mins. Makes 10 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment